Forum Discussion

Novari-QA
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

WaitProperty on styles?

I am trying to wait on an object that i know exsists but the application needs to wait on the style="display: block;". 

obj.WaitProperty("style", "display: block", 1); // doesn't work
obj.WaitProperty("Enabled", true, 1); //won't work because the object is enabled but the style is "display: none" until an operation is completed.

Thoughts?  Ive tried this function ive created however, there has to be an easier way.

function YieldUntilVisibleOnScreen(obj, timeout = 10000)
{ 
  var iteration = 0;
  var delay = 500;
  var maxIteration = timeout/delay;
  while(obj.VisibleOnScreen == false)
  {
    if(iteration >= maxIteration)
      return false;
    aqUtils.Delay(delay);
    iteration += delay;    
  }

return true;
} 

• Have you tried just simply

obj.WaitProperty("VisibleOnScreen", true, -1);

Note that the third parameter is the wait time in milliseconds.  -1 uses the default wait time in Project Properties Playback.

• Now, if you need to specifically check a style setting... I don't know if this will help with the display one, but I use this for checking values of CSS styles applied to controls.

function getCSSProperty(element, prop){
         var style;
         style = Aliases.browser.Page('*').contentDocument.defaultView.getComputedStyle(element, '');
         return style.getPropertyValue(prop);
    }

function checkCSSProperty(element, prop, checkValue){
        var testValue;
        testValue = getCSSProperty(element, prop);
        if (checkValue == testValue){
            Log.Checkpoint(prop + ' has value of ' + checkValue);
        } 
        else {
            Log.Error(prop + ' value of ' + testValue + ' does not match ' + checkValue);
        } 
    } 

element is any onscreen object rendered by the web page.  So, I pass the element in to checkCSSProperty, the text string of the property, and the value I'm looking for.  When I run that piece of script, I get a verification of whether or not the CSS property matches the desired value.  It would look something like this:

function foo(){
        checkCSSProperty(Aliases.browser.myPage.myButton, 'background-color', 'rgb(153, 0, 0)')
    }

If the color matches, I get a checkpoint logged with the green check mark.  If it doesn't, I get an error.

Perhaps this will help, too.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Now, if you need to specifically check a style setting... I don't know if this will help with the display one, but I use this for checking values of CSS styles applied to controls.

function getCSSProperty(element, prop){
         var style;
         style = Aliases.browser.Page('*').contentDocument.defaultView.getComputedStyle(element, '');
         return style.getPropertyValue(prop);
    }

function checkCSSProperty(element, prop, checkValue){
        var testValue;
        testValue = getCSSProperty(element, prop);
        if (checkValue == testValue){
            Log.Checkpoint(prop + ' has value of ' + checkValue);
        } 
        else {
            Log.Error(prop + ' value of ' + testValue + ' does not match ' + checkValue);
        } 
    } 

element is any onscreen object rendered by the web page.  So, I pass the element in to checkCSSProperty, the text string of the property, and the value I'm looking for.  When I run that piece of script, I get a verification of whether or not the CSS property matches the desired value.  It would look something like this:

function foo(){
        checkCSSProperty(Aliases.browser.myPage.myButton, 'background-color', 'rgb(153, 0, 0)')
    }

If the color matches, I get a checkpoint logged with the green check mark.  If it doesn't, I get an error.

Perhaps this will help, too.

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried just simply

obj.WaitProperty("VisibleOnScreen", true, -1);

Note that the third parameter is the wait time in milliseconds.  -1 uses the default wait time in Project Properties Playback.