Forum Discussion

visalinir
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Visualizer related alert while opening/saving/closing Projects

Hi,

Please find the attached document, I am facing a alerts while opening/saving/closing my project. I even deleted all the visualizer files in my project folder and from Properties in Test Complete but still I am getting alerts. Please provide solution for this.

• Doesn't really matter... you moved your project to a location that has extended the file name (path included) to longer than allowable by the OS.  Shorten your file names and the problem should go away.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Easy answer: your file names for your tests are too long.  Windows OS has a maximum file name length and, with the keyword test names you have, you have exceeded that length.

visalinir
      Contributor

Hi Tristaanogre,

Actually while registering my keyword tests, system doesn't give any alert regarding length. But later I moved my project to another location, from then I am getting these alerts while opening my project from new location though I have deleted all the Visualizer files from the folder.

Regards,

R. Visalini

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't really matter... you moved your project to a location that has extended the file name (path included) to longer than allowable by the OS.  Shorten your file names and the problem should go away.