Forum Discussion

sdruker
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Variables values list

Hi,

I am testing a web application and I have number of testing enviroments .

I have a login function that gets the enviroment URL as Variable.

Everytime That I want  to Run on a different enviroment and change this variable I need to type it manually.

Is it possible to enter number of values for a variable on the variable page and select from

a Dropdown which value to select as the variable defult value ?

Thanks,

Sivan
  • Hi Sivan - 

I don't think there's a way to have multiple entries for a variable like you are asking, although it sounds like a good idea to me!

We have a similar issue where our UI has different buttons depending on which version is running.  What we did was construct a routine that checks the version number and then sets the button variables depending on what version number is found.  Is there something in your different testing environments that you could check like that?  

Alternatively, you could have a variable that has a simple name or number for each environment and have it in a routine to set the url.  It would be easier to change that every time than the url.  

1 Reply

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Sivan - 

I don't think there's a way to have multiple entries for a variable like you are asking, although it sounds like a good idea to me!

We have a similar issue where our UI has different buttons depending on which version is running.  What we did was construct a routine that checks the version number and then sets the button variables depending on what version number is found.  Is there something in your different testing environments that you could check like that?  

Alternatively, you could have a variable that has a simple name or number for each environment and have it in a routine to set the url.  It would be easier to change that every time than the url.