I created a new project in TestComplete 7.10.475.5 and when I launch our application through the project I am able to access items as VCLObjects. When I open projects that where created in previous versions of TestComplete (by the previous QA person) and launch the same application I can only access Window objects.
Is there a way I can get the older projects to run in the same manner? I have deleloped some library scripts that look specifically at VCLObjects which will only run in the newly crated project.
First of all, I recommend that you update TC to version 7.50. If the problem still occurs, make sure that your application is compiled with debug information (see the "Open Applications in Delphi" and "Open Applications in C++Builder" help topics).
------ Yuri TestComplete Customer Care Engineer
Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Another possibility could be that the project done by the previous developer has the application filtered out as not being an open application.
Go to the Project Properties and look at Open Applications and see if there has been a filter applied to that older project. If it has, remove the filter and check the objects again and see if they show up as VCLObjects.
Robert Martin [Hall of Fame] Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff ----
Why automate? I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy. Sleep is a requirement. So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group. I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried updating to 7.50 this morning and the problem still remains. The application is definately compiled with the correct debug application because it will show in the process list with VCLObjects if it is launched from a new Project created in 7.0. The same application exe launched from the projects created in earlier version shows Window Objects in the process list.
I checked the default properties and there are no inappropriate filters. I suppose I could recreate each of the projects in the new version but that would be an enormous job.