Forum Discussion

nisgupta
Valued Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Using batch file to run multiple projects on Testexecute machine every day

We are  run the Testcomplete script on remote Testexecute machine using batch files as mentioned in the link
https://support.smartbear.com/testexecute/docs/running/automating/command-line/exit-codes.html

But we observed that sometime Projects do not run - it is beacuse of TestExecute process do not get closed completely due to which projects failed to run in the next runs.

We are using the same batch script as shown in the link above. The only difference is that multiple projects have been included as attached . 

How can we resolve the issue ?

Thanks

NG

• sonya_m 

I am still working with the smartbear support team

thanks

NG

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I don't see the attached batch file.  

My assumption is that the /exit is not being used on all lines in the batch file and, hence, TestExecute is not exiting properly.

For running multiple projects, that's what a Project Suite is for.  Have you considered creating multiple project suites and then just including the appropriate projects in those suites?  That might simplify things as well.

nisgupta
      Valued Contributor

Not attached the screenshot - part of my batch file - rest everything is same as mentioned in the Testcomplete documenatation.

We are using different projects here. These differenct projects in different project suites.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

You can still combine all those projects into a project suite simply for execution purposes.  Projects are not "locked" in project suites.  You can create an empty suite and add projects to it simply for the purpose of execution.

In any case, the /exit flag seems to be just fine in that screen shot.  I'd do some investigation, though, to make sure such is the case in ALL lines, that there's not a mis-spelling or something.  

if this problem persists where "exit" is not happening, I'd suggest contacting support directly.