Forum Discussion

bhanu766
Occasional Visitor
4 years ago
Solved

Using OCR checkpoint in IF then condition

Hi,   I am trying to use OCR object in an if then loop but it doesn't let me select the required text to verify. Please suggest any alternative available. Also When self healing is enabled in test...
    4 years ago

bhanu766 Could you please clarify what you mean by saying "it doesn’t let me select the required text to verify"? What exactly do you want to do? What is the difference between the actual and expected results?

About the Self Healing mode: if I understand correctly, the behavior you described is the correct behavior. This mode is created to automatically fix recognition errors (e.g. "object doesn't exist"). Here is the quote from our documentation (https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/running/self-healing-tests.html
    "When the mode is active and the test engine fails to find an object, it tries to find a similar object in the system."
    If the "object doesn't exist" error is part of your test, and you don't need to fix this recognition error, we suggest that you disable the Self Healing mode.