Forum Discussion

william_roe
Super Contributor
9 years ago

User Conference

Does SmartBear ever hold user conferences? 

9 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Will,

We set up a meetup in Sweden for our API users several years ago. And also, there were several meetups in the USA.

Would you attend such a conference if we decided to set it up? What would you like to hear about?

william_roe
      Super Contributor

I would definitely attend in U.S.

There would hopefully be multiple tracks. I would be interested in a more advanced discussions and not basics for using TC.Comparing design approached would come naturally.

VFixed
        Contributor

And I need the basics so if there ever is one held in the US and if my company would allow it, I would love to come to TC user conference. No question in my mind that I would benefit greatly from it and use the knowledge learned to write better and more comprehensive tests.

rrivest
      Contributor

I do like the idea of a TC Conference, but I would also suggest a potential workshop based on the concept of LAWST style meettings as well... a smaller group... 20-25 advanced and mid level users, describing their own experience and how they resolved specific tasks, all presentations based around a specific topic  (like managing automation in an Agile Web environment development ).

It is called peer-conferences and is a great way to exchange between users... Sharing tips and tricks...

As I'm located in Montreal, Canada, USA conference would depend on actual location to attend though the interest is there.

Regards

Raymond

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Interesting suggestion, Raymond. I wish we could set up something similar. I hope our Team starts working on this in the new year.