Forum Discussion

DSmachineWorld
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Use Image checkpoint to test for an empty region

I have an area on my web page to test, which is basically a representation of a chart with a line overlay.

The curve of the line will vary, depending on the source data I am pulling into the web page, so I can't do an exact image map for the curve as a test. Really, all I care about is that there is a curve there, within a static defined rectangular region on the web page.

Is it possible for me to manually clean up a copy of this region with no line inside it, and do a test where, if it looks like this manually edited blank image, the test fails?

tristaanogre
    5 years ago

The picture without the curve is your "baseline".  The "mask" file is as separate image consisting only of white and black spaces, the white space being what you want to compare, the black being what you want to have ignored.

6 Replies

DSmachineWorld
      Contributor

So can I add an edited picture with no curve to my project, and build the mask off that?

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

The picture without the curve is your "baseline".  The "mask" file is as separate image consisting only of white and black spaces, the white space being what you want to compare, the black being what you want to have ignored.