Forum Discussion

khenzel
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Under VB.NET code, how would i locate the value of an ID tag field on a HTML page?

I have a page with this context:

<tr><td>
 <b>Balance</b>
 <span class="dxeBase_dummy" id="P_L_V_v17w2_t1_DueDateInsLabel" style="font-weight:bold;">Due on 9/4/2015</span>
 </td><td style="text-align: right;">
 <span class="dxeBase_dummy" id="P_L_V_v17w2_t1_CurrentBalanceInsLabel">1.00</span>
 </td></tr>

<tr><td>

I am trying to extract the value of tag P_L_V_v17w2_t1_CurrentBalanceInsLabel (1.00) and pull it to a string.  I have looked through the support pages for too long.  Best i found was this: http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/68529/

but this is not anything close to what i need here.  Could somebody please point me in the right direction here?  Seems like a very simple operation to carry out, reading the content of a id tag on a web page.

Can anyone please help?  Thanks in advance!

• Here is the solution you are after bozo:

Function GetBalanceInfo()

Dim browser, page, Obj

Set browser = Sys.Browser("*")

Set page = browser.Page("*")

GetBalanceInfo = "*" ' Note that we used the * wildcards to specify the search pattern

Set obj = Aliases.browser.pagePersonableEmployeeWebPortal.formForm1.panelMpage.textnodePLVV11w2T1Currentbalance

GetBalanceInfo = obj.contentText

' Checks the result

If obj.Exists Then

Call Log.Message("Object containing text '" & GetBalanceInfo & "' is found", obj.FullName)

Else

Call Log.Warning("Object containing text '" & GetBalanceInfo & "' was not found.")

End If

End Function

2 Replies

DEEGOON
    New Contributor

Here is the solution you are after bozo:

Function GetBalanceInfo()

Dim browser, page, Obj

Set browser = Sys.Browser("*")

Set page = browser.Page("*")

GetBalanceInfo = "*" ' Note that we used the * wildcards to specify the search pattern

Set obj = Aliases.browser.pagePersonableEmployeeWebPortal.formForm1.panelMpage.textnodePLVV11w2T1Currentbalance

GetBalanceInfo = obj.contentText

' Checks the result

If obj.Exists Then

Call Log.Message("Object containing text '" & GetBalanceInfo & "' is found", obj.FullName)

Else

Call Log.Warning("Object containing text '" & GetBalanceInfo & "' was not found.")

End If

End Function