Forum Discussion

tanusaraswat_19
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Unable to work on Object Type VCLObject WndClass is TcxGridSite.

Hi,

Iam having a grid (Name ->"Window("TcxGridSite", "", 1)", WndClass is TcxGridSite , Object Type is VCLObject , ClassName is also TcxGridSite ). Iam unable to perform any action on this object except click(that too on coordinate basis.).

When I explore the object using spy it shows me many methods like "ClickCell" , "FindRow" also "ClickColumnHeader". But when i use these methods the error comes which is "Possible reasons:

1. The application stopped responding.

2. The
application was compiled incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the
help system).

3. An error occurred in TestComplete.

Technical
information:

97 0x80020006 (Unknown name.) FColCount.

Tested
object:

Aliases.Orchestra.LeadsAssignmentsDetailsResearchTargetCompaniesTabTargetCompaniesGrid.TcxGridSite

(Sys.Process("Orchestra").VCLObject("MainProject").VCLObject("pcPage").VCLObject("TabProject").VCLObject("pcProject").VCLObject("tabWorkLists").VCLObject("panTargetListSmall").VCLObject("pcResearch").VCLObject("tabCSGTargetCompanies").VCLObject("CSGTargetCompaniesFrame").VCLObject("panTop").VCLObject("cxGridClientTeam").Window("TcxGridSite",
"", 1))"

I wanted to know the possible reasons for this. Also how to know the type of control Iam working on as Iam a tester , i have been informed that the application is developed using Borland C++ Builder but how to be sure of this at my end so that I can find if all the required plugins have been installed for the particular control.

7 Replies

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Tanu,

I wanted to know the possible reasons for this.

As far as I see, the reason is that the application was compiled incorrectly, and TestComplete fails to obtain the debug information for the tested application. To solve the problem, please contact your developers and ask them to recompile the application according to the requirements specified in the Using Debug Info Agent With C++Builder Applications help topic.

how to know the type of control Iam working on

Most likely, you are working with the Developer Express QuantumGrid control. To learn how to prepare applications containing such controls for testing with TestComplete, please refer to the Preparing Application With QuantumGrid Controls for TestComplete help topic.

In general, you can determine the type of the tested control using its ClassName property.

• Hi,

I have come across the same problem, but my developers say that they have followed the steps specified in the test complete help file to compile the application.

We are testing a delphi 2007 application.

Error

An error occurred.

Possible reasons:

1. The application stopped
    responding.

2. The application was compiled
    incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the help system).

3. An error occurred in
    TestComplete.

Technical information:

97 0x80020006 (Unknown name.)
    FColCount

• Hi Tanu,

Did you managed to get it working.

If yes can you let me know what your developers did to get working.

Thanks
    tanusaraswat_19
    Occasional Contributor
    No it's not working yet. Similar is the case with me, developers said that, they have compiled the application correctly.

Further discussions are in progress. If I will get any more needfull information regarding this I will get back to you.

Thanks,

Tanu
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Tanu and Sumit,

No it's not working yet. Similar is the case with me, developers said that, they have compiled the application correctly.

According to the screenshot you posted here earlier, there is no debug information for the application. That is why, the application is not recognized as Open. To solve the problem, please make sure that your developers compiled the application with debug information. For this purpose, please follow the steps below:

1. Open the Object Spy window and use the target glyph to highlight the main form of your application.

2. Release the mouse button and make sure that the Advanced view mode is activated.

3. If the debug info has been read correctly, the Properties table contains the Debug Agent category. If there is no such category, please contact your development team.

If you are sure that the application was compiled correctly, and it contains debug information, please contact our Support Team and send them the following information:

1. Your TestComplete project.

2. A sample application that they can use to reproduce the problem.

Thanks.

• Hello,

I'm having the same issue here, the application under testing is compiled with debug info. I myself have the application compiled. Could someone help me? Any help would be really appreciated. Please see the the screenshot attached.