cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find object

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Re: Unable to find object

Ok but I've to adjust manually during writing code, or during running test? because in the second case may be a problem

Community Hero

You would do it while writing code / creating your namemapping.

So, if you look at your screenshots, you have the object mapped using idStr set to  "wrapper," but in the object browser the object's idStr is "showcase" which is why Test Complete cannot find it. You will have to find some other property, or potentially use extended find to better and more reliably find your objects.

If you haven't yet, I highly reccomend reading all of the documention around object identification.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/object-identification/index.html

Thanks,
Carson

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped

View solution in original post

Occasional Contributor

Ok I'll try, I'll reply to you thanks

Occasional Contributor

Hi Carson,

at the end, I hope I found the solution.

Step are:

1) Write code and map object for ip 1

2)Reexecute test for ip 2, most of times objects do not matching, remap again, end reexecute rest

3)Reexecute test for ip 1, for this step normally everything is ok

4)Reexecute test for ip 2

Now when an object is not found, I let TC to map automatically object.

This method is too expensive but I have good results.

Note that my solution run for different ips, and I tested for 4 and it's ok

@cunderw wrote:

You would do it while writing code / creating your namemapping.

So, if you look at your screenshots, you have the object mapped using idStr set to  "wrapper," but in the object browser the object's idStr is "showcase" which is why Test Complete cannot find it. You will have to find some other property, or potentially use extended find to better and more reliably find your objects.

If you haven't yet, I highly reccomend reading all of the documention around object identification.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/object-identification/index.html