Forum Discussion

msalvador
Frequent Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Unable to find object

Hi guys,

I use TC 14.0, and at the moment my browser is Chrome, but my webapp can run in IE or firefox.

I map manually objects, because using recording mode I found different Issues.

My web app is one, but can run on different ips, obviously must show the same results for each ip.

My problem is that a lot of times when I test my code and I run in ip(one), everythings is ok but if I switch in ip(two), objects are not found.

Below a typical example:

Unable to find the following object when executing the Click command:

Aliases.​browser.​pageVersionlogreport.​panelWrapper.​panelShowcase.​panelInfo.​formViewlistform.​submitbuttonSearch

Reason

The parent object was not found:

Aliases.​browser.​pageVersionlogreport.​panelWrapper.​panelShowcase.​panelInfo.​formViewlistform

cunderw
    5 years ago

You would do it while writing code / creating your namemapping.

So, if you look at your screenshots, you have the object mapped using idStr set to  "wrapper," but in the object browser the object's idStr is "showcase" which is why Test Complete cannot find it. You will have to find some other property, or potentially use extended find to better and more reliably find your objects.

If you haven't yet, I highly reccomend reading all of the documention around object identification.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/object-identification/index.html

13 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

Look at the properties you are using fo find formViewlistform in your namemapping and them compare that to what you see in the object browser between the two different environments. There is likely something that is not static that you will need to account for.

msalvador
      Frequent Contributor

Hi cunderw,

I attach my object with attributed, how can I understand if I have a non static parameter?

cunderw
        Community Hero

Can you also provide a screen shot of the object browser with object selected?