Forum Discussion

pbailey
New Contributor
15 years ago

Trouble getting TestComplete under source control

Hello,

I'm trying to get TestComplete to work under source control, but I'm having trouble finding documentation on how to do this. I have a couple of questions I can't seem to find the answers to, so I thought I would ask them here. First of all, I'm running TC v7.50 enterprise and TFS 2008 SP1. The TFS server is not on my local machine; it sits seperately as its own server.

Question 1:

When I install TC, I see an option to install "Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Integration". I read in another post this is a piece for Team Foundation Server, but what does it do? What does installing this on the TFS server allow me to do? Is it required in order to integrate TC with TFS?

Question 2:

Inside of TC, when I go to Tools > Options > Source Control I see a dropdown to define my SCC Provider. The only option I have is Microsoft Visual SourceSafe. What do I need to do in order to make TFS my SCC provider?

If there is a resource I've overlooked that answer any of these questions, feel free to point me in that direction.

2 Replies

• Hi Philip,

Answer 1:

This option allows you to integrate TC with TFS. This option can be installed only on the machine where TFS is installed. The installation of this feature is required for publishing results of tests performed during a team build.

Answer 2:

You need to install the Microsoft MSCCI provider and select it as the current SCC provider (see the "Source Control Options Dialog" help topic).

pbailey
    New Contributor
    Thanks Jared, very helpful! Hopefully I'll be able to get TC integrated with TFS from here...