Forum Discussion

sdobrzyn
New Contributor
14 years ago

Trouble accessing nodes in a DevExpressXtraTreeList via C# script

Hi,

Our application has a DevExpressXtraTreeList and I would like to navigate through the node using C# script.  I've created an alias to the object in the application.  When in Name mapping, I can select the alias and click edit.  This gives me a list of properties and fields which I can drill into, E.G. Nodes.FirstNode.Data.Name displays the name of first node in the tree.  Everything is cool so far until I try to do a similar thing using C#.

For example, I can get the a reference to the object using 

TreeView = Aliases["MyApplication"]["MainForm"]["ToolWindowContainer"]["ToolWindow"]["ObjectPaletteControl"]["leftLeftPanel"]["leftList"]["treeList"]

I can access the Bottom property like this

b = Treeview["Bottom"];

But if I try to access the Nodes the return value is null

Nodes = Treeview["Nodes"];

I've read the test complete help about DevExpressXtraTreeList and have followed the instructions to install and enable the plugin.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Stewart.

3 Replies

• Hi Stewart,

I tried to reproduce the problem with version 10.1 of Developer Express controls, but failed - the Nodes collection was retrieved without any problems in my script. Please provide us with the following information to help us investigate the problem:

1. What version of Developer Express controls do you use? 

2. Can the problem be reproduced on another machine? 

3. Can the problem be reproduced with a sample application shipped along with the controls?

sdobrzyn
    New Contributor
    Hi Allen,

I think my problem was the name of the variable I was using, TreeView.  When I changed the name to something else it all started working.

Regards,

Stewart.