cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To reload error

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

To reload error

i keep getting this error when ever i change some thing in my script steps. In this project i have login script added as an existing item form shared project.

But i am not touching that script and even though i do some changes in another keyword test of project  while saving it gives this error.

Please look at the screen shot of the error. o want to know if i say yes, what does it do.

I see some of my name mapping recorded are wiped out and when i play agagin it doesn't play back.

I am really getting frustated with this tool and how it works.

No clear idea how does it work.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor

RE: To reload error

Hi,

That is not an error, just and ordinary informative message. Most likely you have added a name mapping (or other project item) as existing item to another project so that they became referred to the same tcNM file, and you had several editors opened for the same name mapping from different projects, that's why while modifying it in first editor, second editor had to be refreshed, and TestComplete asked you to reload it.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yes Pavel, i am sorry it's not error. But what does it do. It will overwrite the name mapping of shared project from where i added the login script.

I see that namemapppings for both projects are same and also if i add this login script to any third project, it is copying the whole name mapping that is exisiting for the shared project. Is that making it be overwritten by the new project according to what i develop
Highlighted

Hi Sri,

I suggest that you merge your NameMapping files to avoid the issue. See the "Merging Name Mapping Files" article for information.
--
Dmitry Nikolaev

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Script Wanted
A new challenge is here!

Create a function to drag one element to another for the TechCorner tag!

Will you dare to take the challenge?

Scripts created in July:
- Passing custom command-line arguments as a test parameter
Top Kudoed Authors