cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The combo box is invisible. The action cannot be executed.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

When I record a test using a dropdown box and rerun it , I keep getting the following message --

The test I am recording consists of several fields where there is a dropdown box , its works for the first drop down box but when it comes to the 2nd one I always get an error. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Staff

Re: The combo box is invisible. The action cannot be executed.

do you have to click on the dropdown panel first to view and click the items within?

it may be a simple timing issue. in which case, try adding in a delay between the two actions.

Best,
Justin Kim

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Staff

ok, so now if you go to the value column of the operation where you are clicking on the dropdown item, 

give it a single click within the value panel of that row, and three dots should appear in the far right side of that value column, if you click into that, you will see the operation parameters for the click operation.

change both the x and y value to -1 and -1 

Best,
Justin Kim

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Staff

do you have to click on the dropdown panel first to view and click the items within?

it may be a simple timing issue. in which case, try adding in a delay between the two actions.

Best,
Justin Kim

Highlighted
Contributor

Yes I do, I will try to add a delay to see if that works.

Highlighted
Contributor

I tried to add a delay in the testing and that didn't work, now I get the following --

There was an attempt to perform an action at point (72, 7) which is transparent or out of the window bounds. Im am new to smartbear and not really sure what this error means.

Highlighted
Staff

ok, so now if you go to the value column of the operation where you are clicking on the dropdown item, 

give it a single click within the value panel of that row, and three dots should appear in the far right side of that value column, if you click into that, you will see the operation parameters for the click operation.

change both the x and y value to -1 and -1 

Best,
Justin Kim

Highlighted
Contributor

That seemed to do the trick, it worked! Thanks so much. Will I need to do that with all my testing that has a drop down box?

Highlighted
Staff

you always want to use object based actions and not coordinate based actions. theres no way to know exactly how the record and replay is going to process all of your keyboard and mouse commands. so if you do see those similar errors about the out of bounds and things like that, it most likely means UI objects didnt render, or you used coordinate based actions. -1 -1 means default and means center of the object, so thats the change we made. I dont know if youll have to do this with every one of your interactions with the dropdowns, but at least now we can fix it!

Best,
Justin Kim
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors