Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Best TestComplete's UI Scheme

sbkeenan
Frequent Contributor

RE: The Best TestComplete's UI Scheme

Hi

The 'Dark Side' seems to be very popular!! My personal preference is for something a little brighter - just a few subtle changes from the default

atelipko
New Contributor

Tanya,

Thank you so much. Yes, my code is in SCC. I will conact your guys from Support.

Thanks again
jimpson
Contributor

Another dark theme

Text highlighting is blue with white (seen)

Breakpoints are kind of a pink color (seen)

The comments as dark as they are to allow you to focus on the content of your code.  This has been extremely helpful.

jose_pita
Super Contributor

Hi Tanya,

What about the background of testcomplete itself?

Is it possible to change the keyword editor background and project explorer too?

Would be nice because I still have a lot of tests in keywords.
TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Hi Jose,

The color of most TestComplete panels depends on your background color in Windows. In the Keyword Editor panel, you can add more colors as each operation can have its own background color

Sorry for the late reply. I hope it answers your questions.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
patrick_lohmann
New Contributor

Does anyone know, where I can change the color, that appears, when I press CTRL and the cursor is over a procedure or function, declared in another unit ? The standard color is blue, i think it is #0000FF.

And where can i change the color of the line numbers ? In the options dialog there is only the possibiliy to change the background color of the gutter.
TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately, none of these options is available in TestComplete. I've created corresponding suggestions in our DB.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
patrick_lohmann
New Contributor

Hey Tanya,

thank you.
pmartin66
Occasional Contributor

Re: The Best TestComplete's UI Scheme

None of these schemes work correctly on TC 12 using Python... LAME

tristaanogre
Community Hero

Re: The Best TestComplete's UI Scheme

@pmartin66 wrote:

None of these schemes work correctly on TC 12 using Python... LAME

This thread is 2 years old... TC did not support Python back then. So, when importing these highlighting schemes, they only import the file extensions indicated at the time they were originally exported with which, at the time, did not include the Python extension (*.py).

Unfortunately, after importing one of these schemes, I cannot find how to add a new Language definition line.  I tried adding just the *.py line item to one of the other languages but that didn't fix it for me. Perhaps that's something that TestComplete development folks can do?

EDIT: Check that... I was able to add the *.py to one of the existing code lines and it did update stuff.  However, some of the Python specific reserved words (most obviously def) did not get any specifc syntax highlighting so there is still some level of "parsing" that is done to pull out the language syntax.   

So, you'll still not be able to load these "old" schemes into TestComplete and have it work 100% with Python, but you can get some of it to work.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors