Forum Discussion

sguda
Regular Contributor
14 years ago

Text edit boxes are not mapping correctly in another version.

Hi,

I have this siyuation here.

I have entering values in the cells of a page. In first version it is recording the textbox cells and inputting the values.

In second version , the cells are named differently and not able to play back the script as the naming of the cells is different in second version.

This is how it is recording.

First Version of application :

Aliases.iexplore.pageFameFinancialAidFafsaEntryFo.cell32.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Grd1.tableRctable.cellRcinputcell.textboxCtl00Contentplaceholder1G

Second Version:

Aliases.iexplore.pageFameFinancialAidFafsaEntryFo.cell.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Grd1.tableRctable.cellRcinputcell.textboxCtl00Contentplaceholder1G

As you can see that all the name mapping is same except the cell numbers in each version.This is one of the cells i am inputting the values on the page.

I will give another example.

First Version : Aliases.iexplore.pageFameFinancialAidFafsaEntryFo.cell.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Grd2.table.cellRcbinputcellRcbinputcellleft.textboxCtl00Contentplaceholder1G

Seconf Version:

Aliases.iexplore.pageFameFinancialAidFafsaEntryFo.cell19.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Grd.table.cellRcbinputcellRcbinputcellleft.textboxCtl00Contentplaceholder1G

I have underlined the changes and bolded.

To me it looks like the position of the feilds have moved up.

Please suggest.

9 Replies

• Hello Sri,

You faced the issue because the target objects are mapped by inconstant properties. I suggest that you modify the NameMapping scheme and use constant and unique properties to identify the target objects. Please refer to the Modifying Mapping Criteria article and to related ones for details.

If you still face some issues, please zip the entire project suite folder and send us the archive.
    sguda
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Alex,

I am inputting the values in the text box while playing back the script using those name mappings.

To me it looks like the Cell number is the one it is recognizing uniquely, other wise all the other mapping looks same.

I saw the name mapping and tried to use wild card expression for the number it is displaying next to Cell but would not allow me to use and says invalid integer value.

The cell has only 2 properties ; Row Index :

Column Index :

It is the row index that s changing for every version of application. i tried to change it to wild card expression, it wouldn't allow me.

I see this is the way it is recognising the that object where i have to input the values.

So please suggest.
    sguda
    Regular Contributor
    Can any body answer this issue, it is interesting how to solve it.
  • Hi, change the cell description in Name Mapping, i mean open Name Mapping, expand restected tree, select the cell e.g cell32, press F2 and remove 32 to make it CELL

Aliases.iexplore.pageFameFinancialAidFafsaEntryFo.cell32.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Grd1.tableRctable.cellRcinputcell.textboxCtl00Contentplaceholder1G

Change it to

Aliases.iexplore.pageFameFinancialAidFafsaEntryFo.cell.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Grd1.tableRctable.cellRcinputcell.textboxCtl00Contentplaceholder1G

I hope it will resolve your problem. But you have to make sure that in your KeyWord Test you are using the updated hirarchy not the old one.
  • Hi,

Actually, we meant mapping parameters. The mapped name does not influence the objects' recognition much, but mapping properties do. So, you got the main idea right.

I saw the name mapping and tried to use wild card expression for the number it is displaying next to Cell but would not allow me to use and says invalid integer value.

Wildcards can be used only for string parameters. Remove the RowIndex property from the mapping criteria and use another unique property instead. For example, you can add the outerHTML property. For this property, you will be able to use the "*" wildcard.

If you still fail to make your test work, send us your project suite. Providing us with access to the page you are testing would be very helpful too.
    sguda
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Jarad,

But i don't see any oter properties for that cell except row and column indexes in name mapping tree.
    sguda
    Regular Contributor
    Hi David,

I looked into Edit name mapping criteria. For the scenario i mentioned above Cell object has Inner text and Inner Html and outer text and Outer HTML.as calender date popoup as the feild is selecting date from calender.

1. In first version Cell32 is same as Cell in second version. So shoud i go to cell 32 and remove row index and columm index and map inner text to that Cell32 . and same thing i do it for Cell also.

First text box on the page.

Second Version:

But again in the three of other text boxes in that table of page in which i am inputting the values while playing back the script, the inner text is empty but they have some outer html. Then what should i map, the outer html for all text boxes it is recording as cells.

Second Text box on the page

First Version : Aliases.iexplore.pageFameFinancialAidFafsaEntryFo.cell.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Grd2.table.cellRcbinputcellRcbinputcellleft.textboxCtl00Contentplaceholder1G

Seconf Version:

Aliases.iexplore.pageFameFinancialAidFafsaEntryFo.cell19.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Grd.table.cellRcbinputcellRcbinputcellleft.textboxCtl00Contentplaceholder1G

As you can see again in this case Cell num and also  panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Grd2 are recorded differently.

Again when i looked at edit name mapping feature, the inner text or inner html of the panel object is showing same as for Cell

In this case the inner text or html is Please select ApplicantApplicantandParent

pLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Or is it enough if i remove the numbers next to Cell and Panel objects. Will that work.

• Hi Sri,

To help us investigate the situation, please zip the entire project suite folder along with logs of the test execution and send us the archive.