Forum Discussion

nisgupta
Valued Contributor
6 years ago

Testcomplete license and installations when upgrading to new machine

We do have node locked license on my machine. Now it is time for upgrade to new machine. How it will impact the TestCOmplete ?

Thanks

NG

7 Replies

nisgupta
      Valued Contributor

I just moved to the new machine. Also hard disk has been moved to the new machine as well. We now have 2 hard drives on the machine. Once is C:\ drive which is for the new machines and the other one is G:\drvive which come from old machine and the TestComplete is in that G:\ drive . So When I start the TestComplete from the locations like G:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\x64\Bin

I got the error

The testComplete Service is not running. TestComplete cannot start without it. Please run the service.

I am not sure how to fix this

Thanks

NG

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

As the message states, TestComplete service is not running. Start Services applet (Run|Services.msc), search for the TestComplete Service and start it.

G:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\x64\Bin

Note, that TestComplete can work with Edge only if TestComplete is started from the system protected folder, i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\x64\Bin. (This is described in the help topic about preparing Edge to work with TestComplete.)