Date:          15.2.2010 15:08:33

Event ID:      6

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      

User:          W7x86-RC\Administrator

Computer:      W7x86-RC

Description:

Application ("C:\Program Files\Automated QA\TestExecute 7\Bin\TestExecute.exe" -Embedding) (PID: 0xeb0) is using Windows functionality that is not present in this release of Windows. For obtaining an updated version of the application, please, contact the application vendor. The technical information that needs to be conveyed to the application vendor is this:  "An RPC method has been called on a connectionless protocol sequence ncadg_ip_udp. Usage and support of this protocol sequence has been deprecated for this release of Windows. For information on the deprecation process, please, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=36415."  User Action Contact the application vendor for updated version of the application.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-RPC-Events" Guid="{F4AED7C7-A898-4627-B053-44A7CAA12FCD}" />

<EventID>6</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-02-15T14:08:33.915000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>1497</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="3760" ThreadID="3764" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>W7x86-RC</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1651780907-4229820820-3376079192-500" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="ApplicationName">"C:\Program Files\Automated QA\TestExecute 7\Bin\TestExecute.exe" -Embedding</Data>

<Data Name="ProcessId">0xeb0</Data>

<Data Name="RPC ProtocolSequence">ncadg_ip_udp</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Is it a known issue, any workaround, anything what would help ?

Problem is that it causes my images to freeze

Thank you.

Momchil

4 Replies

• Hi Momchil,

Exactly how do you launch TE? Do you start it with administrator permissions?

Is UAC enabled on your machine? Does it help if you disable it?

bozhinov
    Occasional Contributor
    Thank you for replying.

I ve checked the UserID and it belongs to the Administrator account. UAC disabled completely

What else can I check ?
  • Hi Momchil,

We are aware of this error in the Event Log, but it should not make any problems for TestExecute.

Problem is that it causes my images to freeze

Could you please specify what you mean by "images"? Does TestExecute or your tested application hangs? If it does, please follow the steps below:

1. Download the Debugging Tools for Windows package from:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/installx86.mspx (for 32-bit processes)

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/install64bit.mspx (for 64-bit processes)

and install it.

2. When TestExecute and (or) the tested application hang(s), run two instances of WinDbg ("C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows\windbg.exe").

3. Attach the first WinDbg instance to TestExecute's process and attach the second instance to the tested application's process (File | Attach to a Process).

4. Type the following command in the Command window of the first instance of WinDbg :

.dump /m "C:\TEDump.dmp"

and press Enter.

5. Type the following command in the Command window of the second instance of WinDbg:

.dump /m "C:\AppDump.dmp"

and press Enter.

6. Click Go on the WinDbg toolbar (or press F5) in both WinDbg instances. Wait for one minute and click Break (or press "Ctrl + Break") in both instances of WinDbg.

7. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to save another set of dump files with different file names.

8. Without a delay, repeat steps 6 and 7 two more times.

9. Submit a request via our Contact Support form and attach the dump files created in the steps above to the request.

bozhinov
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

Thanx for that.

I m familiar with the procedure, I m willing to agree that the freezing was not caused by that.

I upgraded the virtal hardware for those virtual machines and seems to be OK.

The virtual machines were freezing on the ESX in a way no action was possible, so i was looking at all software/hardware involved.

You can close this thread as INVALID

Cheers