Forum Discussion

nisgupta
Valued Contributor
6 years ago

TestExecute Integration With Jenkins

We are looking for the ways - how Jenkins can run the projects located in TestExecute machines. Here is our case.

At this now now Source code management and so no git. 

Jenkins is set up on my machine which is local to my machine.

We have installed the TestExecute on 3 Virtual machines which have window OS. We have projects located on these machines. 

Now When  Jenkins run those projects  I got the following errors

Started by user Nishchal Gupta
Building remotely on pretty.ttu.edu in workspace C:\Jenkins\workspace\Scholarship

[TestComplete] The test execution started (/\\pretty.ttu.edu\Users\nisgupta\Documents\TestComplete\IS\Student\FASBS\Financial Aid SBS\Scholarship Application\Scholarship Application.pj).
[TestComplete] Found TestComplete/TestExecute installations:
	Type: TC, Version: 12.50.4142.7, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\bin\TestComplete.exe"
[TestComplete] [ERROR] Unable to find the specified TestComplete/TestExecute installation.
[TestComplete] Marking the build as FAILED.
Build step 'TestComplete Test' changed build result to FAILURE
Build step 'TestComplete Test' marked build as failure
Finished: FAILURE

Also attached the screenshot that I have set up on Jenkins. Let me know if You all need more information.

Thanks
Nishchal

52 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

It's not running because the machine you have setup as a Jenkins Slave does't have Test Execute installed, only Test Complete, and you have specified to run Test Execute:

[TestComplete] Found TestComplete/TestExecute installations:
    	Type: TC, Version: 12.50.4142.7, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\bin\TestComplete.exe"
    [TestComplete] [ERROR] Unable to find the specified TestComplete/TestExecute installation.

The machines you want to run tests on must be configured as jenkins slave with the matching test runner installed.

I also noticed in your screenshots that you don't have the projectuiste file or project configured properly. 

You have to specifify the path of the project sutie file relative your remote workspace, and then reference just the name of the project if you don't want to run the entire suite. 

More information on the requirements and how to properly set it up can be found here:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/jenkins/running-tests.html 

nisgupta
      Valued Contributor

Thank you for updates .

Here are some things I need to Understand 

It's not running because the machine you have setup as a Jenkins Slave does't have Test Execute installed, only Test Complete, and you have specified to run Test Execute: 

This machine has TestComplete only which is used for development of scripts. We don't need to install TestExecute , right ?

The machines you want to run tests on must be configured as jenkins slave with the matching test runner installed.

All the TestExecute machines need to have jenkins installed ? What I have to do ?

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/jenkins/running-tests.html 

The link is not working

Thanks

NG

shankar_r
    Community Hero

Checklists on Jenkins configuration:

1. Make sure you have your project in the current job workspace like below.
    2. Make sure you have installed TestComplete/TestExecute in the slave machine
    3. Make sure Jenkins slave is connected to Jenkins Master
    4. Make sure you have licensed all machines

If you did all the above and still facing issue then put some more screenshots on the Jenkins configuration.