Forum Discussion

santi
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

TestComplete property check failed even after match!!!

see the attached file, even after both text match, it shows failure in aqObject property check............i am using 14.10, as 14.30 not supporting my product

12 Replies

Wamboo
    Community Hero

Hey,

Can you show the script responsible for this piece of application?
    Also, write where you download the text for verification.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Some of those non-printing characters are a pain to actually match. You might want to simply replace the non-printing with an asteristk.

santi
        Contributor

Possibly that is the reason, can somebody from smartbear give some idea on this, incase they see these threads.

santi
      Contributor

I can not share more code (apart from what i attached in png with original message) reason being it's production code in my company, restricted by terms and conditions. Its simple aqobject property check for a panel, where cmpEqual showing something diffrent even though i copied exact text what test complete read from the panel.

I am surprised how come Test Complete engine rejecting it even though both texts as same.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

The thing is... it's not EXACTLY.  That's the thing... those arrows represent a non-printing character.  So, if you copied and pasted the ARROW, that's a mismatch.  What I've had to do in the past is go to Object Browser and grab what's there and use that rather than what shows up in the logs.