Forum Discussion

15 years ago

TestComplete can't recognize objetcs saved by a Keyword test

Hi.

I'm evaluating the demo version 7.52 to see if it will work with our applications, but after recording a Keyword Test, and then playing it back (Run Test), TestComplete keeps "waiting" for the objets and never finds them and of course all fails at the end.

The test starts by opening IExplore, then going to the specific URL and it types a username and password. Then it unchecks the "save my username/password" and hits the [Login] button. All this goes OK. But in the next page, one link opens a window using Ajax, and all the controls (textboxes, combo boxes, etc.) contained in that window are not recognized.

¿Any ideas of why the objects can'g get recognized even when they were recorded?

Thanks.

7 Replies

• Hi,

First, check your Name Mapping scheme and make sure that all objects are mapped by properties with stable values. Second, try waiting for the problematic objects (see the "Waiting for a Process or Window Activation" help topic).
    sguda
    Regular Contributor
    Hi

I am recording a script to click on the reports tab ("imageReportsGif") and select the item that is in the drop down list.

But while playing back the test is not recognizing the reports tab and is waiting and come out failed.

I checked name mapping it is mapping the image button with 

ObjectType : Image 

namePropString : reports_over.gif

ObjectIdentifier: Reports_gif 

This is the path it is mapping in aliases

Aliases.iexplore.pageWelcomeToAdvantage.formForm1.panelHeader.table.cell1.table.cell.table.cellTopmenu.table.cell.tableHeader1headermenuMainm.cellHeader1headermenu3.imageReportsGif

Every time i record this step, it is recording the same path. so i don't understand why it is not recognizing the reports image on the screen.

Please suggest as soon as possible.

Thanks  a lot.
    sguda
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Jarad,

I tried wait AliasChildProperty like this.

dim MyCell

dim MyCellContent

Set MyCell =

Aliases.iexplore.pageWelcomeToAdvantage.formForm1.panelHeader.table.cell1.table.cell.table.cellTopmenu.table.cell.tableHeader1headermenuMainm.cellHeader1headermenu3

Set MyCellContent = MyCell.WaitAliasChild("imageReportsGif",120000)

if MyCellContent.exists then

Log.message(" Reports image Exists")

Aliases.iexplore.pageWelcomeToAdvantage.formForm1.panelHeader.table.cell1.table.cell.table.cellTopmenu.table.cell.tableHeader1headermenuMainm.cellHeader1headermenu3.focus

Else

Log.message(" Reports image does not Exists")

end if

end

sub

But it is going to else statement here.

Also Results is a hover tab under which i am selecting another tab "Progress reports". But it is nort recognizing and clicking the results tab itself.

Can you please suggest something.

• <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type" />
    <meta content="Word.Document" name="ProgId" />
    <meta content="Microsoft Word 12" name="Generator" />
    <meta content="Microsoft Word 12" name="Originator" />

Hi, i have experienced one thing, i dont know it’s a feature
    or bug in TC. There are two options to Map an object one by a Circle symbol
    (Drag Option) and one by Cursor symbol (Shift+Ctrl+A). I was running a keyword
    test which was failed when it tries to click on menu item, i tried to identify
    menu item object by Circle it gives me a different hierarchy, then i tried to
    find out by Cursor symbol it gives me a different one. So if you script/keyword
    test is not recognizing any object try to identify it by both options. You have
    to do some manual work but I think it will work.

Thanks!

sguda
    Regular Contributor
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will defenetly try that.