Forum Discussion

michal_klimek
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

TestComplete and TestExecute performance problem

Hello,

I hit on problem related to speed of executing tests with using TestComplete as well as TestExecute tools. This issue exists only on one machine and on second everything behaves correctly. I don't know why, but on first machine every operation takes almost 5 times more time than on the second machine. Moreover configuration of both machines is almost identical - physical machine, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, TestComplete and TestExecute in version 9.31, 16 GB of RAM. The only difference is in processor model. The first machine has Intel Xeon X5650@2.67GHz and the second one has Intel Xeon E5620@2.40GHz.

According to above description the only difference is in processor model but this difference is minimal and I think it shouldn't have any impact on performance during test execution.

Can anyone give me any clue what can be wrong on the first machine?

On the first machine TC and TE tools were reinstalled but it didn't help at all. It doesn't matter whether I run tests in TC or TE on the first machine - operations are executed very slow in relation to the second machine (the same project, the same scripts).

Regards,

Michał

16 Replies