Forum Discussion

jfayefrankPM
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

TestComplete Trial Chrome not recording

I am part of a team evaluating TestComplete for my company.   For some reason when I record a test nothing is getting into the keyword test.   It open chrome but that is it.    No recording of the application once I am in Chrome.   I am using TestComplete 15.    Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

• SmartBear Support got me all straightened out.   Turns out the URLs in the Name Mapping folder had to be modified to use wildcards as there is dynamic value in the URLs.   I was able to create some tests that work great.    Not sure if we will go with this package but at least now I can give it a good evaluation.  Thanks everyone.

18 Replies

jfayefrankPM
      Occasional Contributor
      Yes I do and it is enabled

[cid:image001.png@01D7C429.6AAAA330]

This message, including any attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may contain confidential and privileged information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy or delete the original message. Also, please be aware that if you are not the intended recipient, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or any action or reliance based on this message is prohibited by law.
        jfayefrankPM
        Occasional Contributor

Just a question:

I am using TestComplete 15 but the extension is version 14.   I am guessing they do not need to match but just checking.

jfayefrankPM
      Occasional Contributor

I did that already too.   Has anyone in this community been successful with using the trial version.    I hope that they are not limiting you.   I used QA Complete years ago.   I know SmartBear is better than that.   ğŸ™‚ 

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

The trial version is only limited by date.  I've never seen any features blocked.

What version of Chrome are you using?