Forum Discussion

bshansree
New Contributor
15 years ago

TestComplete 7.2 cannot recognize WPF dialog buttons

TestComplete 7.2 (Demo) cannot recognize WPF alert and Popup dialgo window's buttons like OK ,Cancel, Set etc.,

It recognizes only the window not its buttons.

Even we tried findallchildren using clrclassname buttons. But not able to find. While recording it just record the mouse cordinated on that window.

I have atached the screenshot of how TC recognizes them

Thanks in advance

Need the solution for this as soon as possible

6 Replies

• Hi,

First off all, install TC 7.52. If this doesn't help, try working with the target window as with a composite WPF control (see the "Support for Composite WPF Controls" help topic).

bshansree
    New Contributor
    Hi,

We have tried in TC 7.52 also, again we are getting the same problem. And tried adding composite WPF controls, then also it is not recognizing the buttons of those alert /dialog windows. When we try to analyse the properties and methods of those windows, there is a property called ActionCommand. If we try to take the value of that ActionCommand.Isactive property it is false. (Wind.ActionCommand.IsActive = false). We want to know what is this property is for, and is there are any other methods to execute this action command and cancel command for a WPFAlertPopUpDialog window.

Thanks in advance

Shanthi
  • Hello All,

I too have a similar query regarding this. We have Infragistic WPF 9.2 version. I want to know whether the current version of TC i.e. 7.5 will support?

Thanks in advance

Bhanu prakash
  • Hi,

In this case, we need a sample application to investigate the problem. Can you send us such a sample?

• Hi,

As opposed to posting a new thread, I decided to reply to this even though my problem is a little different:

We have a .NET application which also uses WPF. In my case, TestComplete 7.52 demo does not recognize any of the controls in the app, including the Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons. When I playback the test case, it goes as far as launching the app, and then just waits with the following messages before timing out and failing the test:

=================

Waiting fo the ContentSrcTree object

Waiting for the CloseBtn object

=================

I have a few .NET frameworks installed on my machine, out of which our app requires 2.0 and 3.5 SP1 (4.0 is not installed as was pointed out by a support person):

I have confirmed that ".NET Open Application Support" and "WPF Controls Support" extensions are installed. I have used a freeware app called Snoop to monitor the controls and it recognizes everything as System.Windows.Controls objects. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
  • Hi,

The problem seems to be in your Name Mapping scheme. Make sure that all target objects are mapped by properties with stable values.

As for the Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons, you cannot work with them directly in any case.