cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestComplete 6 to TestComplete 7 project conversion

Occasional Contributor

TestComplete 6 to TestComplete 7 project conversion

Hello,

Our functional automation team has begun upgrading from 6.5 to 7.5.  We are testing our projects with 7.5.  Upon opening the project we are asked to convert it to be 7.5 compatible.  We've gone ahead and done this for our local projects but eventually we'll have to check the converted projects into our production version via TFS.  Does anyone know exactly which files get converted during this process, so we can just check those in as opposed to every file in our project?

Thanks,

Paul
pbull
2 REPLIES 2
Community Hero

RE: TestComplete 6 to TestComplete 7 project conversion

The actual script code units don't get converted.  However, everything that, internally, has an XML structure do.  This includes the MDS, the PJS, tcScript, tcApps, etc.  Essentially, all the structural parts of the project structure.

If you're using a source control application (like Visual Source Safe), you should be able to do a comparison and discover which files have been altered.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

RE: TestComplete 6 to TestComplete 7 project conversion

Hi Paul,

It would be better if after the conversation you put all files (listed in the "List of Files Added to Source Code Control" help topic) of the converted project suite to the SCC. 

You might consider creating a new project for the converted project suite in the SCC.

BTW, you might consider using the TC SCC integration functionality. It allows you to work with supported SCC systems directly from TC (see the "Integration With Source Code Control Systems" help topic).

--
Dmitry Nikolaev
Customer Care Manager
TestComplete, QAComplete

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓