Forum Discussion

lbouchar
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

TestComplete 14 will not lauch Firefox 66 if browser is not already open -

I am very new with TestComplete, I have only started to use it last week.  I have created a data driven loop to looks in an Excel for login credentials.  I am able to run this test using Chrome but it won't work with Firefox 66.  

I did a search through this community board and clicked on the Solution provided by the community.  I closed TestComplete.  Downloaded the patch and unzipped it. 

I have then copied and replaced the dll files with the existing one.  

Reopened TestComplete and the test still does not run;   I am still getting the same error message : JUnable to find the object Sys.Browser("firefox"). See Details for additional information.

lbouchar
    6 years ago

Hello I solved the problem by adding the run browser step in my program.     Here is a picture of my code.  Now my next step to try to do an automated crossbrowser test.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Can you post the code you're executing?  It might be helpful to see where the error is happening.  We can probably give you some hints as to what is going on.

lbouchar
      Occasional Contributor

Hello I solved the problem by adding the run browser step in my program.     Here is a picture of my code.  Now my next step to try to do an automated crossbrowser test.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

That would be achieved through a browser loop that you should run, probably, outside the data driven loop you already have defined