Forum Discussion

Adnan_Muzaffar
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

TestComplete 14 recognizes objects differently than TestComplete 12

Recently I upgrade from TestComplete 12 to TestComplete 14 and I notice that all of my tests are getting failed. As before we face an issue where due to the resolution of the system a similar issue so I start executing it from a different machine and with the different resolution, I founded that the issue is not as we face before so our technical team starts their investigation and found the issue.

We are facing an issue where the Namemapping of an existing object is showing differently in TestComplete 14 and TestComplete 12 in the same Environment for Reference following are the Mapped object.

TestComplete14:

Sys.Browser("iexplore").Page("https://vm003-isu-wkf.netsolpk.com/CAPWEB/FieldInvestigation/FieldInvestigation.aspx?AppNumber=D-A00..., 0).Panel("pnl_rptr").Table(0).Cell(0, 0).Table(0).Cell(0, 0).Panel("Callback_pnlColApplicantInfo_").Table("table1").Cell(0, 0).Image("PanelpnlColApplicantInfo_toggle")

TestComplete12:

Sys.Browser("iexplore").Page("https://vm003-isu-wkf.netsolpk.com/CAPWEB/FieldInvestigation/FieldInvestigation.aspx?AppNumber=D-A00..., 0).Panel("pnl_rptr").Table(0).Cell(0, 1).Table(0).Cell(0, 0).Panel("Callback_pnlColApplicantInfo_").Table("table1").Cell(0, 0).Image("PanelpnlColApplicantInfo_toggle")

I have Bold the text from where the Namemapping got different. In TestComplete 12 it's Cell(0,1) and in TestComplete 14 it's Cell(0,0). 

For reference, I am also adding a Video link and few issue related Documents.

Video: https://s3.amazonaws.com/webtocasefiles/2020/2f9ff0f1-d9d6-312e-41b1-71a6ebe96388/2020_08_27-10_49_03_670/TestComplete14_12_ObjectSpy_Issue.mp4?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAILZDL6PV2PCURZRA&Expires=1684907375&Signature=kG0by%2FP1EsMCYgwRxb0PBOukPoo%3D

• Hi,

It looks like a column was removed from the table.

Was the tested application changed?

Are the browsers used for testing the same?

Can you ask your developers if there is anything in the code that might remove that column?

I would suggest you to examine page structure with the help of Developer Tools in the browser (F12) on both machines and check if the extra column indeed present on the machine with TC 12 and is absent on the machine with TC 14.

P.S. No need to make a subject capitalized. This provokes people to ignore it.

P.P.S. There is no need to create identical messages daily either.

• After investigating the issue with TestComplete developers we found out that TestComplete 14 works correctly and its recognition is proper.

It looks like TestComplete 12 had a bug in this specific case as a result, the objects were mapped incorrectly. 

5 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

It looks like a column was removed from the table.

Was the tested application changed?

Are the browsers used for testing the same?

Can you ask your developers if there is anything in the code that might remove that column?

I would suggest you to examine page structure with the help of Developer Tools in the browser (F12) on both machines and check if the extra column indeed present on the machine with TC 12 and is absent on the machine with TC 14.

P.S. No need to make a subject capitalized. This provokes people to ignore it.

P.P.S. There is no need to create identical messages daily either.

Adnan_Muzaffar
      Occasional Contributor

AlexKaras Hopefully you watched the Video link in the post.

Browser Version is the same in both cases, even on the same machine. so the issue occurs at the TestComplete side.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

Have you examined page markup using Developer Tools? What is the result?