Forum Discussion

JamesP
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

TestComplete 14.74 unable to identify objects in Iframe using Chrome

Hello,

I've had a look around the messages and have not found a proper answer to the above question.

I hope you can help!

Using Keyword tests, Xpath or Native TC identifiers and Chrome 89.0.4389.90 TestComplete is unable to identify any objects within the Iframe below:

What is strange is that it can if I use IE 11.0.9600 it identifies them correctly.

I am unable to run the same test again on Chrome or Edge.

The objects identified in IE have only one entry which uses the aira-labelledby form:

[aria-labelledby='ButtonName'] > .btn:nth-child(1)

Any ideas how to get around this blocker so we can record and run them in Chromium browsers?

Thanks,

James

• The solution is to use the following switches when you launch Chrome:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\Chrome.exe --disable-web-security --disable-site-isolation-trials --user-data-dir="C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default"

All my tests in Chrome and edge now can access the objects in the Iframe.

Thanks to the Smartbear support for providing this solution.

4 Replies

JamesP
    Occasional Contributor

The solution is to use the following switches when you launch Chrome:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\Chrome.exe --disable-web-security --disable-site-isolation-trials --user-data-dir="C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default"

All my tests in Chrome and edge now can access the objects in the Iframe.

Thanks to the Smartbear support for providing this solution.

Lee_M
      Community Hero

Does this mean that Chrome is no longer run as a browser and has to be run as a testedApp

Chrome instance that spawns is different from what I was expecting

Unfortunately this is not an option for me, my domain security blocks this 'NEW' browser

Is there any other way of reading the iframe  ?

arjlee
        Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same problem. When I open Chrome from Tested Apps it opens a version of Chrome without the TestComplete extension and throws an error.

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi JamesP !

I've found your support request, could you confirm the suggested solution worked?

>Try running TestComplete under the administrator account and check if the problem still can be reproduced.