Forum Discussion

kcoffrin
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

TestComplete 12/Google Chrome/Win 10: Only Small Portion of Screen is Highlighted (REUPLOAD)

Unable to find my original post and view replies (not showing in listing).  Therefore, I am re-posting :). 

Previously on Windows 7, had no issues highlighting full web page on screen when navigating to the Object Browser and selecting "Highlight On Screen".

Now in Windows 10 using Google Chrome (version 56), only a very small portion of the screen is being highlighted. This is causing my objects not to be found on screen, thereby failing all of my test scripts. See attached screen shot for an example of this.

I have a three monitor setup (Laptop screen and two additional monitors) Resolutions are: Laptop: 1920 x 1080, Screen 1: 1920 x 1080, Screen 2: 1440 x 900. Highlighted area is a little larger on the laptop monitor, smaller on the second and very small on the third. In addition I am running Windows 10 64 bit.

Both Edge and Firefox work without issue on my laptop display. Same issue above is noted if I place my web browser on either the second or third monitor.

I have gone through all of the setup options for Chrome in the Prepping of Web Browsers support article (http://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/index.html) and ensured my zoom is at 100%.  I have also played with the scaling on each monitor with no result. 

I am not sure if this is due to my resolution or some other environmental setup. NOTE: I have reinstalled the Test Complete 12 Extension for Chrome, and ensured it was enabled.

Are there any suggestions?

kcoffrin
    8 years ago

I have Test Complete 10 and 11 also installed.  The other two extensions are for those versions. 

I disabled them just as a test, and received the same result.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

In your screenshot, I see 3 different TestComplete extensions enabled in your Chrome installation.  See what happens if you disable all but the TestComplete 12 one.

kcoffrin
      Contributor

I have Test Complete 10 and 11 also installed.  The other two extensions are for those versions. 

I disabled them just as a test, and received the same result.