cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestComplete 12.6 or 14.1 Windows 10 IE11 unable to see Page object in Object Browser

Occasional Contributor

TestComplete 12.6 or 14.1 Windows 10 IE11 unable to see Page object in Object Browser

For our newest testers starting out on Windows 10 laptops with IE11, we are finding that their TestComplete version 12.6 Object Browser/Object Spy is unable to view the Page object like our Windows 7 laptops can for IE11.

Things we've already tried:

1) All the steps here:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/internet-...

2) setting the TabProcGrowth regedit to 0

3) Upgrading to TestComplete 14.1

...what can we do now?  I feel like we have LITERALLY run through every option Smiley Sad

5 REPLIES 5
Community Hero

Re: TestComplete 12.6 or 14.1 Windows 10 IE11 unable to see Page object in Object Browser

Can you post a screenshot of what their object browser looks like?  Do you see IE showing up as a Browser as I have in mine? (Windows 10, IE 11, TC 14).

2019-03-27 10_14_18-TestComplete - C__MySource_Sandbox_Sandbox.pjs.png

If not, then go to File | Install Extensions and make sure that the "Web" object is checked.

If the Web object IS checked and you still don't see it, double check your licensing and make sure that those workstations are actually licenses for Web applications.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
New Contributor

Re: TestComplete 12.6 or 14.1 Windows 10 IE11 unable to see Page object in Object Browser

Capture.PNG

New Contributor

screenshot.PNG

We also verified the installed extensions and all the check boxes are checked for Web.

Community Hero

Have you tried a repair install on those machines?  It could be that something did not install properly...I've seen this happen.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Community Manager

Hi @amathews,

Here are some more things to check:

1. Make sure that you don't have MSAA activated for all objects - * should be unchecked:

MSAA.png

2. You have NativeWebObject listed somewhere at the top of the Open Applications list:

Aopen.png

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Join the annual community event and share your stories to win gifts
Wintertainment2019