Forum Discussion

aazimurj
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

TestComplete 10 fails to identify textblock inside ScrollViewer control

Hi,

I am facing problems where TestComplete cannot identify textblock control and its contents inside ScrollViewer Control

My application is running on IE10 and Silverlight 5

My TestComplete version is 10.10.752.7

Scripting Language: VBScript

Preferred Style: Keyword Scripting

I am trying to record a script to read Build Number information from About popup control of my application. The about popup is a simple control which includes version information and system Requirements details.

Now when I used TestComplete Object Browser I can see few buttons and ScrollViewer control (please see TestCompleteObjectBrowser.png)

If I use free version of http://firstfloorsoftware.com/silverlightspy , then I can see that Text which  I am after, this text is inside TextBlock Control which is inside this ScrollViewer control. (Please see silverlightspyObjectBrowser.png)

I am sure that I have patched my application with  tcAgPatcher.exe utility and I have also tried FindAllChildren method but it didnt return me required object

sub getText()

dim p, w, textblock, i

set p = Aliases.browser.page.formForm1.object

textblock = p.FindAllChildren("SlFullClassName","System.Windows.Controls.TextBlock",1)

if UBound(textblock) >= 0 Then

For i = 0 To UBound(textblock)

Log.Message("Text: " & textblock(i).Text)

Next

Else

Log.Error("No TextBlock found.")

End If

end sub

How can I solve this issue?

Any suggestion/help will be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Aazim

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Aazim,

I'm wondering what text is displayed in these text blocks in the other tool?

aazimurj
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

Sorry for late reply. Please see attached screenshot for the properties visible in SilverlightSpy for the textblock control.

Because I am using free version of the tool, I do not see all the properties of control but if I switch to view pane on the tool, I can see the text of textblock control.

Regards,

Aazim