Forum Discussion

bganger
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

TestComeplte and DB script with Azure with Integrated authenticaiton

Hello,

I am just starting with TestComplete and a new to me project.  I have the need to run a SQL update for Azure using the Active Directory Integrated Authentication.

Looking at the script details and the SmartBear pages on Connection strings - it does not look like TestComplete supports Azure and AD Integrated Authentication - correct?

Thanks,

Brian G

• D'OH - I knew I posted too early - found the correct ODBC option to use AD Integrated Authentication.

3 Replies

bganger
    New Contributor

D'OH - I knew I posted too early - found the correct ODBC option to use AD Integrated Authentication.

bganger
    New Contributor

Still having issues with getting a connection to the Azure db.

I have tried using the DSN in the connection string but that has not worked.  We have a service account that our application uses to connect to the db.  The application has no issue using it but all I get is a 'Failed Login' response.  If I add in the domain to the service account I get a message that TC "Cannot open server XXXX.com requested by the login" (ie: the domain of the service account).

Connection string is as follows:

Qry.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLNCLI11;Password=XXXXXX;User ID=XXXXX;Initial Catalog=Databasename;Data Source=Testdbname.database.windows.net";

DB name is correct (real one not in the above) and I use it every day.  No idea why it will not connect.

Additionally - in a TC test I have inherited (actually inherited the entire suite for the application) - in many places I can change parameters and data in the TCs but in one instance the parameter is not being saved properly.  The URL should be:

https://test.XXXXX.com/#/

When I try and save the case - TC removes the # and makes it:  https://portaltest.XXXXX.com// which is incorrect.  Another test - slightly different, but does use the same parameter, keeps the formatting with the /#/.

Any ideas for either of the issues?

Thanks,

Brian

bganger
      New Contributor

Talked to one of our DBAs who apparently looked into this before and they service accounts are not supported.  The user needs to be a SQL account and can't use any AD Integrated account for scripts.