cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test runner exit code: -12 (Unable to launch TestComplete (TestExecute))

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Test runner exit code: -12 (Unable to launch TestComplete (TestExecute))

What doest it means, exit code -12? I found nothing about it. 

I want to run Testexecutor from jenkins. Not on jenkins master, but on jenkins slave machine (controled as a windows service). 

I start the job, after 10 sec. jenkins job is marked as unstable, with exit code -12. But when I try to logg in via remote desktop into jenkins slave machine, I see that testexecutor is still running and tests are going well. Jenkins job is finished and marked as unstable. 

The same scenario runned on jenkins master machine is OK, jenkins job is succesful and I have jenkins logs.

How it is possible? 

I use jenkins plugin TestComplete support plug-in v. 2.2. 

[TestComplete] Selected TestComplete/TestExecute installation:
	Type: TE, Version: 14.10.999.11, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\x64\bin\TestExecute.exe"
[TestComplete] Launching the test runner.
$ '"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\bin\TestCompleteService14.exe"' //LogonAndExecute //lDomain: "TO2" //lName: "SU_TESTCOMPLETE1" //lPassword: ******** //lTimeout: "780000" //lUseActiveSession: "true" //lCommandLine: '""C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\x64\bin\TestExecute.exe" c:\Users\SU_TESTCOMPLETE1\Documents\testCompleteWorkspace\O4_Project_Suite.pjs /run /SilentMode /ForceConversion /ns /exit /ExportLog:c:\Users\SU_TESTCOMPLETE1\Documents\testCompleteWorkspace\1558688597625.tclogx /ExportLog:c:\Users\SU_TESTCOMPLETE1\Documents\testCompleteWorkspace\1558688597625.htmlx /ErrorLog:c:\Users\SU_TESTCOMPLETE1\Documents\testCompleteWorkspace\1558688597625.txt /ExportLog:c:\Users\SU_TESTCOMPLETE1\Documents\testCompleteWorkspace\1558688597625.mht /Timeout:600 /project:O4_Master /unit:TCTA31_O4SmokeClicker /routine:TCTA31_O4SmokeClicker /DoNotShowLog /JenkinsTCPluginVersion:2.2"'
[TestComplete] Test runner exit code: -12 (Unable to launch TestComplete (TestExecute)).
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to find the log file "1558688597625.tclogx".
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to find the log file "1558688597625.htmlx".
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to find the log file "1558688597625.mht".
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Errors occurred during the test execution.
[TestComplete] Marking the build as UNSTABLE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Test runner exit code: -12 (Unable to launch TestComplete (TestExecute))

Hi @JurajK,

Does Marsha's suggestion help you? Let us know if you need any more assistance.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Hero

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @JurajK,

Does Marsha's suggestion help you? Let us know if you need any more assistance.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Script Wanted
Let's start July with new challenges!

Create a script to pass custom command-line arguments as a test parameter for the TechCorner tag!

Will you dare to take the challenge?

Top Kudoed Authors