Forum Discussion

acm
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Test Passed - but a cell in <TFOOT> was clicked instead

Good afternoon,

How do I correct this error?  The test output does NOT produce additional information because the test passed - it says the Window was clicked with the left mouse button, however it clicked a row in the footer of table, instead of the intended first row/first event record.

3 images attached:

1 -   TC-TestOutput-for-1stRow-Mapped-but-wrong-area-highlighted  -- shows Workspace and Visualizer.

2 -   TC-HTML-for-1stRow-Mapped-but-wrong-area-highlighted  -- shows HTML for the wrong area/table footer row.

3 -   TC-1stRow-Mapped-but-wrong-area-highlighted -- shows Mapped Objects and Name Mapping.

Thanks very much! :-)

Arlene

• I can't see the line in the test that clicked the window, but from seeing some of your code in other posts, I suspect it is clicking on (x,y) coordinates rather than an actual object.  Can you confirm this for me?

15 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I can't see the line in the test that clicked the window, but from seeing some of your code in other posts, I suspect it is clicking on (x,y) coordinates rather than an actual object.  Can you confirm this for me?

acm
      Contributor

Hello Marsha,

Yes that's correct.  I've attached a screenshot of the test operations/steps.

Thanks!

Arlene

acm
      Contributor

Good news, Marsha.  I changed it to Click on (-1,-1) of the object.  It runs fine now. 

Is that what you were telling me to do?

Thanks,

Arlene

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Well, I'm glad it works now, but what I was going to tell you is not to rely on x,y coordinates for clicking on things.  As soon as you move to another machine or browser or screen, the window will move around and your test will break.

The best way is to find the object by name rather than location.  Have you done any name mapping yet?