Forum Discussion

danar
New Contributor
13 years ago

Test Exits Prematurely

I am playing back a test that performs a series of actions.  Somewhere in the middle, right after I have scrolled down a page and just before the test is supposed to perform the Drag command to highlight and delete some text in a text field, the test stops.  The test log pops up as if it was successful, but it only performed about half of the actions it was supposed to.  Why does the test stop prematurely without attempting the rest of the actions I've recorded?

3 Replies

danar
    New Contributor
    The Script Test Log messages say "The element to be run specified in the test item failed to run." and "The test item execution has been stopped."

I am testing CRM with IE.
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    It sounds to me like you might have some sort of syntax error in your code/tests that is preventing the test from proceeding. Or, there is some logic error that is generating an error.  The messages you're reporting are typically the "last" message in the log.  Tests can be configured to stop on an error and so, if there is an error in your tests for whatever reason, it could stop the whole test.

Without knowing more about the contents of your tests, your environment configuration, and the full content of your log, there's not much more specific that I can suggest.
    AlexeyK
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Dana,

In addition to Robert's words: perhaps, the test (script routine or keyword test) that was associated with the project's test item no longer exists. It could be, for instance, renamed or removed. Check the test item settings on the Test Items page of the project editor.