Forum Discussion

pagarwal
New Contributor
15 years ago

Test Complete is not recognizing the objects

Hello Support Team,

I am facing an issue with Test Complete on my machine. When I run the automation script on the machine, it fails. Reason is, Test Complete is not recognizing the objects on the browser window. when I use object finder tool and hover it on any object, its properties is not displayed. For eg. please refer the screenshot, I have used object finder tool to find the properties associates with "Submit" button on the screen. Refer the properties available for the button.

I have reinstalled the Test Complete but it did not solve the problem.

Waiting for your response....

Thanks,

Parag

5 Replies

vallabh_chitnis
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello Parag,

You can try one thing, Record the action of clicking the 'Submit' button and check what script is getting recorded. This should solve your problem for time being.

If there is a mismatch in properties displayed using 'Object Browser' and 'Recorded Script' probably there is a defect in test complete tool or some additional settings need to be done.

Thanks.

Vallabh Chitnis
    pagarwal
    New Contributor

Hi,

I tried with recording the event of clicking the Submit button, here is the code that is recorded:

============

Sub Test2

Dim w1

Set w1 = Sys.Process("iexplore", 1).Page("http://qatools-prd-01:8080/automation/remotelogin/RemoteLogin.action")

Call w1.ToURL("http://qatools-prd-01:8080/automation/remotelogin/RemoteLogin.action")

w1.Panel("doc4").Panel("content").Panel("contentShadows").Panel(1).Panel("bd").Panel("yui_g").Form("FeRemoteAuthAction").Panel("wwctrl_FeRemoteAuthAction_0").Button("FeRemoteAuthAction_0").Click

'Please wait until download completes: "about:blank"

w1.Wait

End Sub

=================

When I am trying to playback the recorded code, Test Complete gives an error in the result log:

---------------------

There was an attempt to perform a click at point (0, 0) which is out of the window bounds. Normal 11:35:41  

----------------------

If I am executing my earlier recorded scripts, the same thing is happening. After browser is opened up web page is opened but none of the action is performed on the page and I receive the above mentioned error  message.

Please provide me any other information.

Thanks,

Parag
    vallabh_chitnis
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello Parag,

Which version of Test Complete are you using? Is it an asp website?

Regards,

Vallabh Chitnis
  • Hi Parag,

Please try reinstalling IE - this should solve the problem (at least, it solved a very similar problem some time ago).

pagarwal
    New Contributor
    Hi,

After following the instructions of Allen, Test Complete is now recognizing the objects. I simply unistalled and reinstalled the IE on my machine and the problem is solved.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Parag Agarwal