Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Test Complete causes my application to crash

Hello,

I am currently using Test Complete to automate the uninstallation of an application. The script is written in JScript and simulates how a user would go into add or remove programs and remove the software. I have gotten it to work on all versions of windows except windows 7. On our windows 7 system it causes the uninstaller to freeze/hang and it does not recover. This issue does not happen when I manually run the uninstallation. Also note, it happens when run from the physical machine as well as when it is run via Remote Desktop.

Anyone experience anything similar? Is there any reason that Test Complete would or could cause an application to freeze like that?

All help is much appreciated,

Thank you

1 Reply

Ryan_Moran
    Valued Contributor
    I have seen some things similar to this. For example we have several combo boxes in our delphi application that do not allow users to backspace and delete the selected value. If Test Complete is running you are able to backspace and delete from these combo boxes. So yes there can definitely be differences with Test Complete running. Some things you can do to help troubleshoot this is to see if a specific extension is causing you problems. You can disable extensions from File>Install Extensions and see if one of them is causing the problem. Hopefully it will not be one you need ;).