Forum Discussion

jack_edwards
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

[TC11.11] Mapped object moves during playback

This has happened 3 times now on 2 different days.  During test playback, the test will fail to find an Alias that it's successfully found before.  After looking in my NameMapping file, I see that the object in the "Mapped Objects" section has actually moved to a different location in the object tree.  Has anyone else encountered this issue?

I do work as part of a team, but everyone else had gone home for the day when this last happened (so this is not an issue of someone else overwriting or merging name mapping files).  I've also checked several times to make sure my project has the "Update Name Mapping during test run" option disabled.

Below:  The objects in the highlighted area are in the correct position now, but I found them where I traced the red line (under the panelPageContent object).

2015-10-05 16_45_02-TestComplete - S__TestComplete_ProjectSuites_JackProjectSuiteTC11_JackProjectSui.png

Below:  This may have nothing to do with the issue, but before the objects were moved, I had run the same test and received the "Searching for a mapped object took too much time" warning.  The warning is for the "panelPageContent" object in the highlighted area above, which at the time, had the "Extended Find" attribute enabled.  After realizing we didn't need the attribute to be enabled, I disabled it.  During the next test run the object got moved.

2015-10-05 16_45_36-TestComplete - S__TestComplete_ProjectSuites_JackProjectSuiteTC11_JackProjectSui.png

1 Reply

Blur
    Contributor

TC11 appears to be having speed issues recognizing objects.  Perhaps this is what's happening to you as well?  It takes up to 2 minutes for TC11 to recognize that my objects have been mapped.  I haven't found a real solution because setting a delay of 2 minutes for my test seems ridiculous