cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC does not recognise objects in Frames.

SOLVED
New Contributor

TC does not recognise objects in Frames.

Object spy could only recognise a Frame but not the objects in the frame.

I get the "false" when i run below code even though I could still see objects in DOM.

page = Sys.Browser("chrome").Page("*");
obj = page.Find("className","btn btn-main btn-lg");
Log.Message(obj.Exists)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: TC does not recognise objects in Frames.

Smart bear advised me to try ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-web-security --disable-site-isolation-trials --user-data-dir=c:\chrome_test_user"  which did work, i think it was "Site isolation"  part which fixed it. Now i can access emelemts in Frames.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Hero

Please make sure that you have followed all the steps here:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/chrome.ht...

and then try your test again.

New Contributor

Hi,

Yes, i did try that but still the same result.

Please let me remind you, TC recognises all other elements in the webpage but just not the elements in the FRAME's.

Community Hero

Yes, I read your post.  Missing objects is sometimes a symptom of not having done the setup properly.

Try recording a test that includes using those objects and see what TestComplete names them.   Give us a screen shot of that please.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Smart bear advised me to try ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-web-security --disable-site-isolation-trials --user-data-dir=c:\chrome_test_user"  which did work, i think it was "Site isolation"  part which fixed it. Now i can access emelemts in Frames.

View solution in original post