Forum Discussion

jkrolczy
Regular Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

TC 14.50/14.61- w/ Chrome 86: Running script performing Keys is very slow (~1 sec per each char)

Win10 / Chrome 86:

Tried on a laptop and Hyper-V session:

I have TestComplete scripts that start up Chrome and specifically click on the URL box, Ctrl-A, Delete the current url and Keys in the desired url.

This has been working as expected lately until Chrome 86 to my best guess.

I am not sure when my Chrome updated from 85 to 86.

If I run the script on Win10: Chrome 85, there is no issue with the Keys working at the appropriate speed.

Went back to try again and it upgraded on me to 86.

Not sure the process to downgrade Chrome back to 85 to verify ??

I also tried this with the latest TestComplete 14.61.294 with Chrome 86.

Same slowness is occurring using Keys for the Chrome url box.

I know that are other ways to put in the url in Chrome.

I am using Keys.  Have not tried to figure out if SetText can be used but if this is an issue

I do not want to band-aid it and it goes unnoticed and not corrected/addressed for me and other users.

• Hi jkrolczy ! Could you check if the same behavior is observed with a different browser?

If it is just in Chrome, you could try reinstalling the browser and the TestComplete Chrome extension. This could be caused by an update, for example. 

1 Reply

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi jkrolczy ! Could you check if the same behavior is observed with a different browser?

If it is just in Chrome, you could try reinstalling the browser and the TestComplete Chrome extension. This could be caused by an update, for example.