Solved

Sys.Browser("chrome") - the object with the specified attributes does not exist

Hi *,

Given:

- Windows 10

- TC 12.06

- Chrome with all needed addins for TC

Description:

usually I start Chrome with Run-Command (Browsers.Item[name].Run(self.base_url)), then connectig to it with

self.browser = Sys.Browser(browser, wait_millis), where browser is set to *. Works fine ... with *, not if I use "chrome" or "Chrome", but it works

Problem:

started Chrome manually. Trying to connect with Sys.Browser("chrome") ... does not work. But with "*" it does not work either!

Where is my fault? I have no idea anymore.

Regards

Ulrich

SOLVED: it was my fault. The second argument was set to -1 by default. If I omit this, everything works fine. And as a reminder to myself: this is no wait time, but the browser index.

• SOLVED: it was my fault. The second argument was set to -1 by default. If I omit this, everything works fine. And as a reminder to myself: this is no wait time, but the browser index.

Regards

Ulrich

2 Replies

ucuber
    Occasional Contributor

SOLVED: it was my fault. The second argument was set to -1 by default. If I omit this, everything works fine. And as a reminder to myself: this is no wait time, but the browser index.

Regards

Ulrich

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi ucuber,

Thanks for sharing your solution!

I've modified your topic a bit to make sure that the solution is visible for all community members.