Forum Discussion

syedsafvan
Contributor
15 years ago

Suggestion of improvement for TC script editor

It would be lovely if,

Crtl + Shift + Home - Selects till start of the current line from the cursor instead selecting till top of the script from cursor

Crtl + Shift + PgUp - Selects till top of the script from cursor (This short key is not implemented)

Crtl + Shift + End - Selects till end of current line from the cursor instead of selecting the bottom of the script form cursor

Crtl + Shift + PgDwn - Selects till bottom of the script (This short key is not implemented)

Crtl + Shift + UpArw - Selects vertically upward from cursor position jumping by lines (This short key is not implemented)

Crtl + Shift + DwnArw - Selects vertically down ward from cursor position jumping by lines (This short key is not implemented)

It would be great if we have selection done by jumping over lines apart form jumping over words. Many a times we want to select a line or a part of line or a block of code - we either have to wait till Crtl + Shift + LftArw or Crtl + Shift + RgtArw reaches the desired point or use the mouse which are both slower modes of operation as compared to having the above mentioned shortcuts. It becomes more painful especially when you have lengthy lines of code.

PS: Not sure if something is already there about this and I am ignorant of it

2 Replies

• Hi Ahmed,

I recommend that you use the standard text editing shortcuts.

To select text from the cursor till the start of the current line:

<Shift> + <Home>

To select text from the cursor till the top of a script:

<Crtl> + <Shift> + <Home>

To select text from the cursor till the end of the current line:

<Shift> + <End>

To select text from the cursor till the bottom of a script:

<Crtl> + <Shift> + <End>

To select text upward from the cursor position:

<Shift> + <UpArrow>

To select text downward from the cursor position:

<Shift> + <DownArrow>

• By  (This short key is not implemented) I mean  (This short key is not used it can be used)