cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop on error

Occasional Contributor

Stop on error

My question here is that we have a test suite with different projects inside (well, becasue this is TC way of organization) and inside those projects KW tests.

Then, if you check stop on error at suite level, how affects projects, and at project level, how affects KWords?

My guess is obvious for project level, but not for suite level as it can only be one suite.

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Community Hero

Re: Stop on error

It's hierachal...  test items can be configured to stop on error or stop on exception.  Then, the project takes over and makes that determination... then the suite takes over.  So, depending upon what level you want it to stop on error is where you make your changes.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
Occasional Contributor

Yes, but for suites...?

Can there be more than 1 per project?

Community Hero

Each test item configured under View | Organize tests can have a different setting for Stop On Error.... So, yes, per project, you can configured it differently... but that's done at the project level, not at the suite level... and each project, individually, can have the Stop On Error turned on or off..  So.... many different ways of getting it to work.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors