Forum Discussion

Lagencie
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago

Starting test with jenkins using TestExecute

Building remotely on Coyote_UI in workspace C:\coyote\workspace\Platforms\Coyote\UI_Tests\Viewport Tests

[TestComplete] The test execution started (DatamanagerUI/Coyote).
[TestComplete] Found TestComplete/TestExecute installations:
	Type: TE, Version: 12.50.4142.11, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 12\x64\bin\TestExecute.exe"
[TestComplete] Selected TestComplete/TestExecute installation:
	Type: TE, Version: 12.50.4142.11, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 12\x64\bin\TestExecute.exe"
[TestComplete] [WARNING] The node is connected via Jenkins Agent running as a Windows service. TestComplete tests cannot run in this mode, as they require an interactive user session. To create such a session, enable the "Run interactive user session" property of the TestComplete Test step.
[TestComplete] Launching the test runner.
$ "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 12\x64\bin\TestExecute.exe" C:\coyote\workspace\Platforms\Coyote\TestcompleteProject\DatamanagerUI.pjs /run /SilentMode /ForceConversion /ns /exit "/ExportLog:C:\coyote\workspace\Platforms\Coyote\UI_Tests\Viewport Tests\3504816.tclogx" "/ExportLog:C:\coyote\workspace\Platforms\Coyote\UI_Tests\Viewport Tests\3504816.htmlx" "/ErrorLog:C:\coyote\workspace\Platforms\Coyote\UI_Tests\Viewport Tests\3504816.txt" /project:Coyote /DoNotShowLog 
[TestComplete] [ERROR] An exception occurred:
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=740, Der angeforderte Vorgang erfordert erhöhte Rechte.
[TestComplete] Marking the build as FAILED.
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to publish test results (xml data is empty).
[TestComplete] The test execution finished (DatamanagerUI/Coyote).
Build step 'TestComplete Test' changed build result to FAILURE
Started calculate disk usage of build
Finished Calculation of disk usage of build in 0 seconds
Started calculate disk usage of workspace
Finished Calculation of disk usage of workspace in 0 seconds
Finished: FAILURE

This is the error that always occurs to me when trying to run jenkins slave as a windows service and I dont really know what to do - nor do I find something about it.

Before I tried to run jenkins slave as normal "launch" and this error occured:

[EnvInject] - Loading node environment variables.
Building remotely on Coyote_UI in workspace C:\coyote\workspace\Platforms\Coyote\UI_Tests\Viewport Tests

[TestComplete] The test execution started (DatamanagerUI/Coyote).
[TestComplete] Found TestComplete/TestExecute installations:
[TestComplete] Selected TestComplete/TestExecute installation:
[TestComplete] Launching the test runner.
$ "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 12\x64\bin\TestExecute.exe" C:\coyote\workspace\Platforms\TestcompleteProject\DatamanagerUI.pjs /run /SilentMode /ForceConversion /ns /exit "/ExportLog:C:\coyote\workspace\Platforms\Coyote\UI_Tests\Viewport Tests\3349004.tclogx" "/ExportLog:C:\coyote\workspace\Platforms\Coyote\UI_Tests\Viewport Tests\3349004.htmlx" "/ErrorLog:C:\coyote\workspace\Platforms\Coyote\UI_Tests\Viewport Tests\3349004.txt" /project:Coyote /DoNotShowLog 
[TestComplete] [ERROR] An exception occurred:
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=740, Der angeforderte Vorgang erfordert erhöhte Rechte.
[TestComplete] Marking the build as FAILED.
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to publish test results (xml data is empty).
[TestComplete] The test execution finished (DatamanagerUI/Coyote).
Build step 'TestComplete Test' changed build result to FAILURE
Started calculate disk usage of build
Finished Calculation of disk usage of build in 0 seconds
Started calculate disk usage of workspace
Finished Calculation of disk usage of workspace in 0 seconds
Finished: FAILURE

seems like no access rights - thats why I tried it with using the "as a service" installation, which in the documents should fix the problem with access rights, but it didn't

I do not have TestComplete installed on this computer, only TestExecute.

When I run the line C:\..... manually in the command line, it works and opens TestExecute and executes the needed Tests - from jenkins it does not

3 Replies

Lagencie
      Frequent Contributor

well this solution is already done in my question. As the solution provided here is only to install jenkins as a service

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

There are 3 potential solutions beyond just installing as a service.

On Windows 8 and later, TestComplete requires elevated permissions for the run. Jenkins that is run through the Java Web Start agent application, cannot start TestComplete with required permissions, and will cause the build step to fail if it tries.

To run tests under Windows 8 and later, do any of the following:

• Install the Java Web Start agent as a service. As a service, the agent has the required permissions and can start TestComplete. Make sure the "Run interactive user session" test step option is selected.

– or –

• Connect to the slave by using the "Let Jenkins control this Windows slave as a Windows service" launch method. Make sure the "Run interactive user session" test step option is selected.

– or –