Forum Discussion

neha_sharma
Contributor
10 years ago

Source Control

Hi,

I want to use Microsoft Team Foundation Version Control as the suorce control system for my TestComplete Project.

I was looking for information about which version of TFVS exactly I need to install on my machine.

I got some options from Smartbear site.Out of these options what exactly I need to install.(I am using TestComplete v10.10).Options are:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 (the Ultimate, Premium and Professional editions).

Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 (the Ultimate, Premium and Professional editions).

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (the Ultimate, Premium and Professional editions).

Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite or Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Test Edition.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite or Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Testers.

Please confirm.

Thanks,

Neha

1 Reply

gid_216
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Neha,

You can use any TFS version like Team Foundation Server 2010/2012/2013 (32-bit only). But to integrate TC with this, you need to install aplugin-provided by microsoft i.e. 32-bit version of MSSCCI Provider. You need to install the provider for the TFS version installed. To integrate TFS with TC, installation of Visual Studion is not mandatory. A light weight Shell Explorer application is available (i think it is delivered with TFS package) with  which you can configure TFS in your system and after that if you will install MSSCCi, you can integrate TC with TFS

E.g. If you have installed TFS 2010, MSSCCI provider for TFS 2010 should be installed not 2012. We are using 2010 and it is working fine with TC 10.10.

Hope this will help.