Forum Discussion

royd
Regular Contributor
8 years ago

Since this morning getting "Microsoft JScript runtime error.", never encountered before!

Using TestComplete 12.2, Windows 7, JScript.

Since I have started using (for about 3+ months) the following, I have never had any errors. Ran the same script yesterday without any trouble!

while (Sys.WaitBrowser("iexplore").Exists)
    {
      // if browser open
      Sys.WaitBrowser("iexplore").Close(500);
    }

This morning started to have "Microsoft JScript runtime error. Object doesn't support this property or method" error at the

while (Sys.WaitBrowser("iexplore").Exists)

!

Tried several script routines, same error!

Desperately need help solving the issue.

Dave

7 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Dave,

Have you tried to execute this loop step-by-step under debugger in TestComplete and check whether the problem persists?

My current understanding is that:

-- There was IE browser running in the system;

-- The loop found it on the first pass and proceeded to .Close() statement;

-- The browser was commanded to close and TestComplete waited for 0.5 sec for the browser process to end;

-- 0.5 sec was not enough for the browser to close thus the second loop pass still found the process and proceeded to .Close() statement;

-- By the moment of actual execution of the .Close() method IE process has ended. This invalidated the reference to the browser process and caused the error.

As a quick fix attempt try to increase the parameter of the .Close() method from 500 to, say, 2500 and check if it helps.

royd
      Regular Contributor

Hi Alex

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will give it a try and report ASAP.

Dave

royd
        Regular Contributor

Just ran it, it got stuck the first time on line 19, did not make it to 21. See capture.

Thanks.

Dave