Forum Discussion

wynfranc1234
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Share scripts with different project suites

Hi.

I have a project suite which is composed of multiple projects. One of the projects I created is a Common or Master project where I put my JScripts. I also have another project suite for the same application but I want to call the scripts I created  from the aforementioned Master/Common Project. How do you call a JScript or Keyword test from a separate Project Suite to a Current Project suite? Thanks.
  • You can add your scripts from your common project to the other projects using 'Add existing item'. Browse to the common project and add the file.

This will basically create a pointer for the file from the new project suite to the common project in a different suite. Although you can edit the file from the new project, it still actually resides in the common project.

From there, add //USEUNIT <FileNameFromCommonProject> to the top of a scripting file in the new project suite to allow access to the methods in the common script file.

2 Replies

• You can add your scripts from your common project to the other projects using 'Add existing item'. Browse to the common project and add the file.

This will basically create a pointer for the file from the new project suite to the common project in a different suite. Although you can edit the file from the new project, it still actually resides in the common project.

From there, add //USEUNIT <FileNameFromCommonProject> to the top of a scripting file in the new project suite to allow access to the methods in the common script file.