I am trying to execute script in crossbrowsertesting.
My script execute and fail in early of execution, It's failing on below line of a function
Set page = Sys.Browser("*").Page("*")
while when i execute the same script normally without crossbrowsertesting. It's working fine
Just a quick thought
could you try using aliases instead of the testcomplete Sys object?
so maybe something like:
set page = Aliases.Browser("*").Page("*")
typically in the automation scripts, Aliases are more commonly used.
1) What's the error message as recorded in the log?
2) What's the rest of the code leading up to that line of code?
3) What OS/Browser combination are you using in CrossBrowserTesting?
There are a LOT of reasons for failing on that line and we could spend a lot of electronic bits flying back and forth explaining them all... but the more detail you can give us about the circumstances of the error, the easier it will be to get you an answer.
I need to see the code itself beyond the line you are indicating.
Generally speaking, though, based upon the messages....
1) Something in your code is trying to use Chrome in an environment where Chrome is not installed hence it's switching over to firefox. If you intend to test your automation on multiple browsers, you need to make sure that you properly set up your code to be non-browser specific.
2) I see two different error message sets which indicates two different environments.... one in which Chrome is NOT installed and one on which it is. To narrow down your problem, let's stick with one environment
3) The "chrome extension is not installed" error seems to be something you need to address with the CrossBrowserTesting people. If an environment is being used by CrossBrowserTesting via TestComplete, the chrome extension needs to be present.
4) With CrossBrowserTesting, because many of these environments are being spun up from cold start, there are things that need to load. You're expecting the browser and the page to be immediately accessible in that line of code. You should use more "Wait" functions. Look up "WaitBrowser" and "WaitChild" and even the standard "Wait" function off of the page itself. These methods make the code "smarter" when it comes to detecting when an object is available.
Hi @tristaanogre ,
Apologies, I did'nt share full details beyond test logs.
Actually first I execute my script with chrome browser only where this kind of error come "not installed".
Then again i changed the browser to firefox and execute the script. so that's error come on firefox browser.
and today i execute my script on crossbrowsertesting cloud then found I need to install Intelligent quality extension
because I have 14.30(64 but) TC version and it's required 32 bit.
you still haven't shared what I asked for... the actual code.
Note that you can't run a test coded for Chrome on a CrossBrowserTesting environment without Chrome installed. So, it sounds, first of all, that you need to make sure that you're selecting appropriate environments for the tests your running. Additionally, as mentioned above, you need to make sure you write your automation code to be browser agnostic. That way you can run it on any environment and not have to worry about "not installed" errors.
As for the intelligent quality add-on, it's only required if you need to use the feature. But it's not something that is relevant to the original problem. Browser recognition has nothing to do with that add-on.
Thanks for reply.
I want to inform you when I execute my script It was wotking fine on (Windows 10, Chrome73-64bit). Whole script execute fine and generate report.
But when I am choosing (window 8, Or any other version of chrome, firefox)...not 64 bit then script is failed. Kindly check the failure in attachment.
Below is the code that i'm using.
Sub OpenBrowserWithURL (BrowserName,URL)
Browsers.Item("iexplore", "11", Browsers.pX64).Run URL
Log.Checkpoint("Browser Name: "&BrowserName)
I see that you get the TestComplete Chrome Extension Is Not Installed or Is Disabled error message. First of all, you need to resolve it. You can find ways of how to do this here:
Thanks for your reply.
I have already gone through this document and my script is working fine.
That chrome is not installed problem is occuring on crosbrowsertesting . When I am using different browsers version.
and I think We can not configure browsers setting overthere.
I am still looking for an answer.